The process to hiring me as your doula generally looks like this:
- You inquire with me via phone/ email/ facebook message
- We set up a consult at a coffee shop or cafe that is local to you, I will send over a copy of my contract before we meet so that you and your partner can look over it and we can go over any questions or concerns you may have during the consultation. The consult is to see if we'd be a match for each other, to make sure you would feel comfortable having me as your doula and vice versa. I always recommend that you interview other doulas as well, just because I may have been highly recommended by your best friend doesn't mean I am the best doula for you (or maybe I am)!
- Go home, go meet with other doulas and in 1-2 weeks decide if you would like to have me as apart of your birth team.
- I will email you an electronic contract to sign and an invoice for services. $300 is due to sign the contract and the remaining balance can be paid in a way that works best for you, don't be afraid to contact me if you think you can't afford my services, I'm sure we can figure something out that will work for you.
- The first prenatal visit is usually scheduled around 28-32 weeks and the second prenatal visit is scheduled around 33-37 weeks (although I have had people contact me at 38 weeks and we work together to figure something out)
- I am on-call for you from 37 weeks until you deliver
- We meet again for a postpartum visit about a week or two after you deliver